Thursday, March 11, 2010

Saying "NO"

My friend sitting on the side wall of the balcony of our apartment, looking at the road that used to be pretty busy with the students walking by, their bikes and few cars. I, sitting on a chair facing towards the same road, so engrossed in the topic we had started - the 'good' inside of us that was always proven to be 'not so good' to ourselves.
That makes us chose being kind over being right.
That stops us from saying NO when we must say it.
And it tries to stop us every single time which completely screws up the balance between thinking of others and thinking of ourselves.
This thought stuck into our head and we decided "We have to learn saying NO".
Very determined we, left from the apartment to pick up our food on my bike(my scooty).
We took the very first turn at the end of the road and BANG!!! some other bike hit us(or did I hit it?) and we had a nasty flop.
And there was this very charming guy passing by , came running "Do you need help girls?".
Now let's admit it, we definitely wanted.
but me, I looked at the guy with my red eyes wide open and said "NO"!!
Right after that, I had a 2 seconds pause thinking, "Crap! what the hell did I just do?".
Lifting my bike up, I couldn't wipe that regretting face off of me.
My friend, helping me getting the bike upright, looked at me. The hopeless look on both of our faces which would mean "yeah.. wrong situation, wrong person, in fact wrong NO".
As much as I find it funny, I can't describe in words how I hated my "NO" that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment